Based in Los Angeles, ECMC Foundation is a national foundation working to improve postsecondary outcomes for students from underserved backgrounds. It is one of several affiliates under the ECMC Group enterprise based in Minneapolis, which together work to help students succeed.
ECMC Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The diversity of staff is critical to our success and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Individuals who reflect the communities and student populations that ECMC Foundation prioritizes are encouraged to apply.
Program and Evaluation Associate
ECMC Foundation's mission is to inspire and facilitate improvements that affect educational outcomes—especially among underserved populations—through evidence-based innovation. The Foundation makes investments in two focus areas: College Success and Career Readiness. Our office is located in downtown Los Angeles; however, the work you will be a part of will impact students and adult learners all across the nation. ECMC Foundation is a part of ECMC Group, which is based in Minneapolis. Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
The Program and Evaluation Associate will work closely across all teams at the ECMC Foundation to support efforts around data entry and analysis, evaluation and grant making. The position includes a range of tasks, including but not limited to: maintaining and improving the functionality of all databases; assisting in projects related to evaluation and learning; and supporting program staff in the grant review process from application to grant monitoring. The Program and Evaluation Associate may also be asked to undertake and oversee other projects as assigned.
**Please include a cover letter and your resume in the application. **
- Supports efforts to provide more effective and efficient grantmaking processes and enhanced evaluation and learning opportunities
- Works with Foundation staff to ensure the grants management database, Fluxx, is effectively utilized
- Provides technical support to staff and grantees related to the grants management system
- Produces regular and special reports of grant activity including written and data illustrations to quantify and summarize findings for use in internal and external communications
- Works with Foundation staff to execute projects related to knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation, and learning across the organization
- Helps manage logistics for ECMC Foundation events (e.g., communicating with participants before and during the event, preparing materials, managing registration).
- Assists Foundation staff in ensuring more effective grant requests, external inquiries, proposal reviews and monitoring processes
- Assists with processing grant modification requests and reviewing interim and final reports and financial documents
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years related work experience in complex database systems
- Familiarity managing data collection, data cleaning, and analysis of primary and secondary data (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Experience summarizing complex data and communicating findings for a wide range of stakeholders
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., facility with formulas, pivot tables, filtering tools) and a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Mailchimp, and Prezi
- Experience preparing clear and compelling presentation materials in a variety of formats, including PowerPoint, Excel, and data-visualization software
- Experience in grants management systems, ideally Fluxx
- Fluency with data analysis and data visualization software (e.g., R, STATA, SPSS, NVivo, Atlas.ti, Tableau)
- Experience conducting literature reviews synthesizing the current research, activities, best practices and trends within postsecondary education and philanthropy
- Prior nonprofit and/or foundation work